Requires a Micro decoder for Digital running - Recommended Decoder 36-571 Micro decoder. Supplied by the Drewry Car Company, the first Class 04 diesel-mechanical shunters were built in 1952 and construction continued until 1962, with a total of 142 outshopped over the ten year period. The construction was subcontracted by Drewry to two companies, Vulcan Foundry building the first whilst later examples were made by Robert Stephenson and Hawthorns. Two locomotives of the same design were built for the Central Electricity Generating Board. Featuring a Gardner engine and using a jackshaft drive arrangement, these shunters had a top speed of 27mph and tipped the scales at just over 30 Tons.
With the changing face of the railways and reduced requirements for shunting locomotives, the Class 03 was selected as BR's standard light shunting locomotive and so the withdrawal of the 04s began in 1967. The last example was withdrawn from BR service in 1972 but several were granted a second life in private and industrial use. Today, 21 examples survive in preservation, including one of the two locos built for the Central Electricity Generating Board. This item is in the category "Collectables\Model Railroads & Trains\Railroads & Trains\Locomotives". The seller is "kjb-models" and is located in this country: GB.This item can be shipped to United Kingdom.